Tuesday 18 September 2007

I've been trapped in a cycle of blog reading...

...and most stuff that's popular seems repetitive in its quirkiness and cuteness. Especially the cuteness-belying-darkness-and-ennui slant.

Quirkiness makes a lot of shit appealing. In fact you could probably actually stick some sad-looking eyes, a hat and a miniature Guardian newspaper on a real turd and render it quirky! Thus making it an overnight blogging sensation, newspaper headlines (probably in the Guardian) would read "Isn't it Novel!?" And I'd say no it's not, its a fucking turd I've just placed it in a "quirky" context - don't you see? Isn't this device totally transparent? Can't you see that at the heart of this idea, is shit?

In the unlikely event of someone reading my blog, please don't be offended because you're friend writes a cute blog from the point of view of a moose or something, and you think its fantastic. I don't mean to generalize and maybe the fucking moose blog is brilliant.

Who am I anyway?

9 comments:

Candice said...

please send me links to these blogs.

i'm sick of the fucking blogs written by the kids spilling from the pages of dazed and confused, all declaring things "stupid" or "cute" between photos of themselves on the catwalk.

Candice said...

please send me links to these blogs.

i'm sick of the fucking blogs written by the kids spilling from the pages of dazed and confused, all declaring things "stupid" or "cute" between photos of themselves on the catwalk.

Terribleone said...

pretty quirky little blog entry that, my dear.

Lyndall-O said...

you're the most quirksome person I ever did meet and I like you a lot, with your hamster cheeks and your little moose-like ways so yeah I'm a total liar.

Kendra Grant Malone said...

hm. yes. this is true and irritating.

anthropomorphization was interesting recently, the first 50 or so times someone did it (ie Tao Lin, Maise Louise Montgomery) but now has become a pit fall for a trendy and lazy writer.

well said.

oh and thank you for linking me!

Lyndall-O said...

I read your blog and found we share a love of Lars Von Trier and cats. After that I simply had to link you!

More pictures to come soon...as soon as things at work stop going spectacularly wrong...

Kendra Grant Malone said...

trier and cats?

really?

you too?

let go to canada and get married.

no really i love you.

Lyndall-O said...

I love you too.

Terribleone said...

stop this