Thursday 2 August 2007

Start at the Beginning

This blog business is new to me. I've resisted the temptation to pitch one more clamouring ego into "cyberspace"(why does that phrase seem so dated and inappropriate?) for so long, but have lately become so tortured by the tedium of my job that requires me to sit facing this hateful machine on daily basis, that I have no better option than to inflict upon strangers the "grunts and squeeks" of my thoughts as they spill out my poor befuddled brain and down the gutters of blogs that have gone before, for your edification and delight no doubt. To introduce myself, I am a young girl living in London, as achieving nothing in London somehow seems more acceptable than achieving nothing in some small town. At least I've traveled to achieve nothing. Perhaps I just feel satisfied being in a position to observe greatness rather than be involved, thats right - my husband calls me a "non-participator". London is a great place for observing the greatness of others, it is also a great place for cultivating a misanthropic attitude. The one allows for the other, it's a state of equilibrium, clinging to those rare flashes of brilliance, the shock of recognition, witnessing an unselfish act but at the same time the constant shit-and-piss reality of gormless humanity staring you blankly in the face.

Hey Ho another day to toil away.

No comments: